Download & Install Google Duo App on Mac | Duo for Mac
We all are aware that Google Duo App is currently available to Download for Android & iOS users. Recently we explained that how to download Duo App for Windows PC. In this article, we are focusing on Mac users. Many Mac users have recently asked that how to Download Duo app on Mac ? Is it possible to install Google Duo on Mac OS? Well, today we are going to address these and other similar questions regarding the installation of Duo of App for Mac.
Google Duo App for Mac
First of all, let’s make this very clear that officially Google hasn’t launched Duo software for Mac. But, there is a catch ! Using certain software, it is possible to install and use the Duo app on Mac. Now, you might be thinking that what kind of software is required to install Google Duo app on Mac?
We call such software Android Emulators. What these software do is that, such software create android environment in any system. So, users can actually run any android application within their system. Currently there are numerous Android emulators available for Mac systems and we will be using one of them.
The process is fairly simple. Just Follow the step by guide to get the Duo app up and running on your Mac OS device.
- Mac Laptop or PC with Functional Camera
- Android Emulator
- Working Phone/Mobile Number
How to Install Duo App on Mac OS
Although there are various android emulators available for Mac, we will be using Bluestacks. It is highly recommended to use it for better performance as compared to others.
- First of All Download Bluestacks for Mac – CLICK HERE
- Once downloaded install it on your Mac System by simply dragging the “Bluestacks Installer” file in Applications Folder
- Now you need to open up the app
- Follow the on Screen options to install the App
- Once the App is installed, you will be notified
- Now open the App
- Once the Blustacks app is opened, you will find a “Search” Option
- In the Type Box, Type “Google Duo” then select the option “Search Play Store for Duo”
- Now you will see a prompt where you will be asked to enter your Play Store Credentials (Google Account)
- Once the Play Store is Ste up, You can simply type “Google Duo” in Play Store
- Now open the first results and Click on “Install”
- Accept the app requests to complete the installation
- Once the app is installed, you need to make a small tweak. In the Bluestacks interface, Go to All Apps >> Bluestacks >> Settings >> Change App Size
- Choose “Tablet”
- Now you need to set up the Duo App on Mac
- Open the Duo App within Bluestacks
- Now you need to provide your Phone Number
- You will receive a confirmation code on the phone number that you just provided
- Enter the verification code and click on Verify
- Once verified, you can start using the Duo App on Mac
Note -Make sure Microphone & Camera permissions are given to the app.
Did you like this Article ? Kindly Share your experience or queries in the comments section below.